Thursday, February 28, 2019

February

It's nearly March in New Orleans and Mardi Gras festivities are now in full swing. With the completion of my neuropharmacology and psychopharmacology modules, I will no longer be learning new material for my medical pharmacology curriculum. With the NBME shelf exam for medical pharmacology coming up in less than three weeks, I'll be studying more or less non-stop until the end of March to make sure I finish that course off with high marks. As it is an accumulative assessment of the entire year, the pressure is on!

This past month flew by for me. I picked up volunteering with Zeus' Rescues once again at their monthly adoption drives on Freret Street. A regular volunteer for the Zeus' Rescues, I know the volunteer routine and can assist potential dog-adopters that have questions with relative ease.  I also resumed my dog-walking. The best part of the job is when you learn that one of the dogs you used to work with got adopted. It's a great feeling to know he or she finally has a forever home.

I'm excited to wind down the program and have more time to volunteer and explore New Orleans once the NBME is over. I'm scheduled to volunteer at the French Quarter Festival in April with a friend and it looks like it'll be a fun way to help the local businesses and community.

With only two months left until the master's program finishes, it's bittersweet to see the finish line fast approaching. While I welcome new challenges that will come with finding a job and figuring out my next steps, I'm extremely excited and proud to see what my friends and peers have in store for themselves as they figure out their post-maser's plans. This program has been enriching in more than one way and while it has been stressful at times, it has and will continue to open many doors for me along the way.

Spring Semester Volunteer Hours: 12.0
Winter Break Hours: 4.0
February Hours: 8.0

No comments:

Post a Comment

April

Today was my last day as a masters student of the Tulane Pharmacology Program. With the completion of this blog post, I am officially done! ...