Thursday, January 31, 2019

January

It's hard to believe that the first semester of this masters program is completed and January is over. Time is flying by so fast! This past month I've been busy dusting off my resume and applying to different research lab positions across the country. I'm excited to see the doors my masters degree will open and where I'll land. I've also started working with Dr. Mielke and one of my friends to help collect literature on lead poisoning via hair dye to support an FDA-Environmental Defense Fund case. I'm very excited to help play a small part in shaping public policy as a graduate student and potentially improve the public's health on a large-scale.

This past month has been hectic balancing more classes, research, job applications, and maintaining my day-to-day life. This month I haven't had the time to do volunteering but now thanks to my calendar and planning, I'm scheduled to help with Zeus' Rescue again with their February Adoption Drive this weekend. It'll be nice to get back there and see the dogs. Over the winter I was fortunate to volunteer at the food bank near my family's house - the Nourish Food Bank. I helped a few days before Christmas Eve when I had down time. As a non-regular volunteer, I helped break down boxes and assist patrons load their cars with their food.

In my next blog post, I'll be sure to update y'all more on my research, volunteering, and my preparation for the final exam in March. See y'all later!

Spring Semester Volunteer Hours: 4.0
Winter Break Hours: 4.0
January Hours: 0.0

No comments:

Post a Comment

April

Today was my last day as a masters student of the Tulane Pharmacology Program. With the completion of this blog post, I am officially done! ...