Sunday, March 31, 2019

March

There's only a month left till the end of this program with a month and a half till the departmental graduation. This past month has been a month of lasts for me. These past few weeks I presented my last Advances of Pharmacology presentation and more importantly, I completed the NBME Pharmacology Shelf Exam. It has been a stressful month to say the least but I'm excited to complete this program strong and be granted my Masters of Science.

This next month will be a bittersweet time. While school will be winding down, I will be parting ways with many people of my cohort that will be leaving immediately upon the completion of the program. In the next four weeks we plan to hold final dinners to make the most of our time together.

March has been a hectic month academically for me. It was particularly difficult to complete many volunteer hours while maintaining a robust study schedule. To make up for this I plan to be completing the rest of my volunteer hours with Zeus' Rescues and other potential side projects. On a similar sad note, it'll be a little sad to say goodbye to the volunteers and staff I've worked alongside with over the past few months at Zeus'. I found a lot of meaning in being able to help out the dogs of New Orleans find loving homes while getting quality time with the animals.

Academically April will hold my last two exams for Cell Control Mechanisms (one of which is tomorrow!), my endocrinology presentation, and an elevator pitch which will hopefully prepare me for future interviews.   

That's all for now. Thanks for reading.

Spring Semester Volunteer Hours: 16.0
March Hours: 4.0

No comments:

Post a Comment

April

Today was my last day as a masters student of the Tulane Pharmacology Program. With the completion of this blog post, I am officially done! ...